Friday, February 01, 2008

Live by myself on weekends

Yes! It's Thursday night! .... this is my beginning of my weekend. Yahooooo!


I am now working for Canadian research comany, and mainly doing reseach of Forign Direct Investment(FDI) of Japanese companies. Meaning..... I am in charge of Japanese market. Needless to say, we have time-difference.... 14 hours between Montreal and Japan. As the result, my working hours shift to Japanese way, but still it's so difficult to work completely on Japanese business time that.... I work from 4pm to 11pm, from Sunday to Thursday. Haha, I can spend weekends much earlier and longer than real Japanese Biz people! Haha!

In addition to that, my lovely roommate spends almost half of her days with her boyfriend's place. Of course I really love to share time with her, especially chatting with her, but from another view point, I can spend my own time as I please! Haha, it sounds super! eh?


Whatever, now I am sitting with a glass of vodca on the rocks, twist grapefruits.... happiest moment of my life.


Well, anyway, I truely love this life. If I am allowed to wish more, I need more time to practice my English. In that meaning, sharing time with my roommate is perfect for me. She is highly intelligent woman.. especially on the point of her communicative attitude. We can enjoy talking about many things..... Today, as I mentioned in my Japanese blog, we talked about Canadian culture things... namely, about Acadian culture. Her background is Acasian, and her ancesters were from France, like many Québécois. I've never heard the word "Acadian" nor "Acadiens", so her story was totally new for me.

Since I came to Montreal, I've met so many nationalities, in not only daily life, but also in my work places. Sometimes I encounter culutual gap that I can never fill, but.... differences are just that. No need to overcome... I mean... the impant thing is just to respect that. That's it.


To respect, I want to understand things what they are. That's one of the biggest reason ,at the same time, the most fun part of wandering this wonderland.

Thanks to everything and everybody, I can feel world like this.
I have many things to know, still!

Good night,
and have a nice weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful place. The photos on your blog are great! Nice and simple blog. It's Wonderful!

Have a good weekend!

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Oyo said...

Thanks for visiting!
I am not so good at taking photos yet, but I will try my best to show beautiful places I've seen so far to my precious family and friends.

Have a nice weekend, Alex!

Anonymous said...

Hello Oyo!

First of all I'd like to thank you for giving me a nice read on someone who struggles with working (and talking!) abroad.

I see that you have returned to your Japanese blog since February, no shame to that! Laziness is a virtue, if I may call it that? (And thanks again! I like to consider myself as an advanced English speaker, but I just learned that its laziness instead of lazyness).

It might be good idea to make an update in the latest entry or even a new entry at your English blog that tells people you're not posting here anymore for some reason. Always nice to know, even for an anonymous reader such as me!

My insane curiosity even made me watch some of the pictures on your japanese blog, which show me you have been to Africa! There is a lot of material there you could use to practice your English. I am purely saying this for selfish reasons.. I am interested!

And I have to agree with Alexander, I also like the pictures.

Hope you have a happy life,
Expat-to-be

Anonymous said...

Dear Oyo,^__^

My name is Claire. I found your blog online today and I would like to invite you to list it on our Expat Women Blog Directory (www.expatwomen.com/expatblog). It’s free. We would just love to have your blog listed on our site!

I also invite you to join our ExpatWomen.com community (www.expatwomen.com/sign_up.php). Membership is free and enables you to receive our monthly, inspirational newsletter, plus ensures your name is in the running for all of our ExpatWomen.com promotions and giveaways.

Thank you very much and my very best wishes to you,

Claire
Claire@ExpatWomen.com
www.ExpatWomen.com

Anonymous said...

Heh, if you have a free weekend, maybe we'll take a ride in the velibs :)