Thursday, April 05, 2007

Sad choice

Again, I haven't blogged for a while.

Many things have happened to me, especially last week..... The beginning was one shocking news.... I was informed that my best friend's mom passed away so suddenly last Monday. I, my mom, my brother and his wife went to Utsunomiya, where my best friend live, and had a nice time chat with her mother last summer. I'd heard quite a lot about her mom and got to know that she and my mom have very similar background in their life, and actually their taste and thoughts about their retirement life was just alike. For these reasons, they seemed to enjoy sharing their dreams and actually, they were already good friends, like me and my best friend.

So, just after I got this sad news, I booked highway bus and rushed to her house last Tuesday. The situation was harder than I expected, because not only sadness was there, but also many difficulties were happening to her family business. I tried to help her out , but it didn't take so long for me to realize that there are limits to what I can do for her.... Well, of course I know I can do some helpful things for her, but..... this could go on forever.... I already decided to go to Canada and am in preparation. If I give up to go, I'm not confident of this choice... maybe someday, I might regret this decision. I really would like to keep our precious friendship, and at the same time, want to make the most of every minute with my own mom before I leave Japan, therefore.... I stayed with her for a few days and came back home now.


All I can do now is.... May her soul rest in peace, and wish that my friend will recover from the shock of her mom's absence.

No comments: